Megan, a partner with the firm, is a native of New Orleans and represents a range of local, regional, and national clients in matters of litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Her practice focuses on defense of business clients in premises liability, retail and hospitality litigation, and trucking and transportation, although she handles a variety of civil litigation matters. Megan has experience obtaining favorable defense rulings before both trial and appellate courts. Further, Megan has consistently been selected by Super Lawyers as a Louisiana “Rising Star” in Civil Litigation Defense since 2014.
Currently, Megan has the pleasure of serving on the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Counsel. In her role, she represents Louisiana’s Young Lawyers in the American Bar Association’s House of Delegates. Megan also serves in the ABA Young Lawyers Division as a delegate for the state of Louisiana. Megan is also an active member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI), where she serves on the steering committees for both the Retail and Hospitality Committee and the Young Lawyer Committee. For the Retail Committee, she serves as the seminar vice-chair and for the YLC, the co-chair of the SCOTUS Swearing In Subcommittee.
Megan received her B.A. in Political Science and Business Administration from Louisiana State University, where she was an active member of Student Government. She was also a member of several honor societies, including Mortar Board and Pi Sigma Alpha. While at LSU, she had the opportunity to observe the 2008 Iowa Presidential Caucuses and write on behalf of a well-known political blog. Megan graduated magna cum laude from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and was honored as a William L. Crowe, Sr., Scholar. While at Loyola, she served as Print Managing Editor of the Loyola Law Review, participated in Moot Court, and received recognition for excellence in several courses. She also studied Cultural Property and Arts Law in Siena, Italy, with Tulane Law School.
Megan lives in Gretna with her husband, daughter, and two rambunctious miniature Australian Shepherds. She enjoys live music and festivals, football, beach vacations, and bird watching.
- Obtained summary judgment in Stark v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., 2019 WL 4673176 (E.D. La. 2019) (slip copy), finding that Louisiana law does not impose a duty on merchants to assist customers in lifting products.
- Obtained summary judgment in Moore v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., 352 F.Supp.3d 640 (M.D. La. 2018), declaring insurance coverage for client as an additional insured under policy pursuant to which contractor was required, but did not, include client as named insured.
- Represented retail client in Bice v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., 2016-0447 (La.App. 1 Cir. 12/22/16), 210 So.3d 315, in which summary judgment was obtained and affirmed on appeal, further articulating the law that there is no duty for open and obvious conditions.
- Obtained summary judgment for retail and hospitality maintenance clients in obtaining summary judgment finding no evidence that the clients were on notice of the alleged food substance on the floor prior to plaintiff’s slip and fall.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., Loyola University of New Orleans, magna cum laude, 2011
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 2008
- Member, American Bar Association
- Louisiana Young Lawyer Delegate to the House of Delegates
- Louisiana Young Lawyer Delegate to the Young Lawyers Division Assembly
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division Council Member
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Retail and Hospitality Committee, Seminar Chair
- Young Lawyers Committee, SCOTUS Admissions Sub-Committee Co-Chair
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Mississippi State Bar Association
- Member, New Orleans Bar Association
- Member, Jefferson Bar Association
- Member, National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA)
- Past President, Association for Women Attorneys, New Orleans
- For the Defense, Resolving Cases in the Coronavirus Era, February 2021
- For the Defense, Arm Your Client: Using Spoliation as a Sword in Litigation Defense, February 2020
- For the Defense, Expert Witness Retention and Management in Personal Injury Litigation, January 2020
- DRI Young Lawyers Seminar, How to Hit the Right Notes: Inspecting and Preserving Evidence During Discovery and Dealing with Spoliation in Litigation, June 27, 2019
- DRI Retail & Hospitality Seminar, Young Lawyer Session, Alohamora – Unlocking the Key to Expert Witnesses in Retail Litigation, May 9, 2019
- DRI Customer Connection, “Mode of Operation: Louisiana,” Vol. 4 No. 2, October 15, 2018
- DRI Retail & Hospitality Seminar, After the Rain: What to Do in the Wake of a Natural Disaster (Moderator), May 3, 2018
- Customer Connection, Vol. 3 No. 1, March 31, 2017
- “You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know: Using Legal Research to Position Your Case for Favorable Resolution,” DRI Customer Connection, Vol. 1, Issue 2 (2015)
- “Condemnation Blight: The Need for Adoption in Louisiana,” Comment, 57 Loy. L. Rev. 299 (2011)
- Clinical Book-Cooking: United States v. Palazzo and the Dilemma of Attaching Criminal Liability to Experimental Drug Investigators for Faulty Record Keeping, Case Note, 56 Loy. L. Rev. 311 (2010)
- John Marshall Law School International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology & Privacy Law: Brief for the Petitioner, 27 J. Marshall J. Computer & Info. L. 131 (2009)
- Creative Approaches to Resolving Cases During COVID, DRI Retail & Hospitality Virtual Seminar “A Whole New World,” September 25, 2020
- Professionalism: Dealing with Difficult Clients and Lawyers, New Orleans Bar Association, December 2019
- Auto Injury Litigation from Start to Finish: Initial Filing and Discovery, Experts, and Evidence, National Business Institute Seminar, December 2019
- Inspecting and Preserving Evidence During Discovery and Dealing with Spoliation in Litigation, Defense Research Institute, Young Lawyers Seminar, June 2019
- Unlocking the Key to Expert Witnesses in Retail Litigation, Defense Research Institute, Retail & Hospitality Seminar, May 2019
- Preparing for and Responding to Disaster: the Constant Cycle of Emergency Preparedness, Defense Research Institute, Retail & Hospitality Seminar, May 2018, Moderator
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Civil Litigation Defense, 2014 – Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Council, “Rookie of the Year” Award, 2021