Charles E. Riley, IV joined Simon Peragine Smith & Redfearn in 2004 following Hurricane Katrina. He practices in the areas of ground transportation law, large-loss subrogation, corporate defense, insurance coverage and defense, and maritime law.
Charlie represents several large national companies and insurers in a variety of general liability matters, from slip-and-fall claims and commercial trucking accidents to more-complex product liability claims. He also assists companies and individuals with assessing the extent and scope of insurance coverage. Charlie has represented many of his clients for his entire career, and he strives to respond timely to his clients’ questions and concerns.
While in college at LSU, Charlie interned for the FBI in Washington, D.C. as well as worked offshore on a derrick barge disassembling de-commissioned oil platforms. He and his wife Julie have been married for 15 years, and he enjoys coaching his son’s sports teams and attending his daughter’s plays and musicals.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 1999
- American Bar Association
- American Trucking Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association, Executive Committee
- The Transportation Lawyer, numerous editions
- Transportation Law Institute, Norfolk, Virginia, 2018
- Transportation Lawyers Association Annual Conference, Destin, Florida, 2017
- Metairie Academy for Advanced Studies Men’s Club
- Coach for Football, Baseball, Soccer and Basketball, Jefferson Parish Recreational District