Peter Thriffiley, Jr. practices in the areas of real estate and construction law with a focus on commercial construction, development, and real estate transactions and disputes. He assists clients with the development, leasing and creation of condominium regimes, as well as purchases and sales, financing transactions, due diligence, title and survey matters, design and construction agreements, and reciprocal easement agreements (REAs) and access agreements. Peter also has significant experience with matters such as bid disputes, lien disputes, 1031 exchanges, drafting and negotiation of business organizational documents, sales of stock and membership interests, and eviction and sequestration proceedings.
Peter is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, where he was a member of the Texas Cowboys honorary service organization. During law school, Peter studied at the Université Jean Moulin III Law School in Lyon, France and also served as Editor-in-Chief of The Civilian at the Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- J.D., D.C.L, Louisiana State University, 2009
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 2004
- American Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Louisiana
- New Orleans CREW
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2017 – Present
- Annual Volunteer and Member of Hog of Fame, Hogs for The Cause