Patrick S. Garrity is a commercial litigator with more than 22 years of legal experience. He focuses his practice in the areas of business and corporate law, with an emphasis on representing parties in Chapters 7 and 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Mr. Garrity’s experience includes representing debtors, creditors, chief restructuring officers, trustees and committees in a variety of industries, including hospitality, retail, real estate, transportation, engineering and construction. He represents parties in all phases of corporate debt restructurings, including negotiating out-of-court workouts and litigating Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in court.
Prior to joining Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn, LLP, Mr. Garrity practiced bankruptcy law at a firm in Baton Rouge. He is a native of New Orleans; and, while attending LSU, he was a member of the 1991 College World Series Championship baseball team.
- In re: Alliance Consulting Group, LLC; Case #13-51937; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Mississippi (represented Chapter 11 trustee in the auction and sale of a frac sand plant in Picayune, Mississippi).
- In re: Louisiana Crane and Construction, LLC; Case #16-50876; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Louisiana (represented unsecured creditors committee in reorganization of crane company).
- In re: Mestizo’s Inc.; Case #15-10125; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Louisiana (represented the debtor in the successful reorganization of restaurant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana).
- In re: Southern Structures, Inc.; Case #04-51559; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Louisiana (represented Chapter 11 Chief Restructuring Officer in the auction and sale of a metal building fabrication facility and construction company in Youngsville, Mississippi).
- In re: Rainbow Marketers, Inc.; Case #03-50062; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Louisiana (represented the debtor in successful reorganization of company operating 13 convenience stores in Lafayette, Louisiana).
- In re: Furnace & Tube, Inc.; Case #04-12669; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Louisiana (represented the debtor in the successful reorganization of company providing repair and turnaround services on boilers and process heaters, in the chemical, petro-chemical, wood products and paper industry and power generating plants in the Gulf Coast region).
- Alliance Consulting Group, LLC v. Smico Manufacturing Co., Inc.; Case #5:14-cv-00372-M; U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma (successfully represented plaintiff in suit to recover funds related to the manufacture and installation of two defective sand screeners).
- Represented the liquidator in the successful out-of-court liquidation of a specialty hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- J.D., Southern University, 1995
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 1991
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization – Bankruptcy
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Business Bankruptcy Specialist, American Board of Certification
- Business Bankruptcy Specialist, Louisiana Board Legal Specialization
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, since 2017
- Youth Baseball Coach
- Member of St. Angela Merici Catholic Church