Douglas R. Kinler is a civil litigator who practices primarily in the area of toxic tort defense. He has defended numerous corporations in litigation and trials involving personal injury claims arising from exposures to toxic substances. He also periodically handles contractual issues for local musicians in New Orleans. Doug was previously appointed to represent indigent or absent parties in child custody matters in the Juvenile Division of the Civil District Court in Orleans Parish.
Doug has been involved in the local music industry in New Orleans for the past 30 years, playing guitar for groups including New Suit, The Benchwarmers, and the Bucktown Allstars. His musical background has led him to seek involvement with a number of charitable and civic causes, including Children’s Hospital, WYES Television, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Angel’s Place, A Child’s Wish Foundation, Archdiocese of New Orleans, the Orleans and Jefferson Parish Police Departments, the Susan Komen Foundation, and A Child’s Wish Foundation.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 1995
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 1992
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Member, New Orleans Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member, Metairie Sunrise Rotary Club
- Co-author, chapter regarding Jury Charges and Interrogatories in, “Louisiana Civil Practice Forms, 2nd Edition”
- Best Lawyers in America – Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants